- Guidance Home
- Guidance Staff
- Counselor's Corner
- Counseling Resources
- 8th Grade Information
- Registration (Current Students)
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College Information
- Structured Teaching Educating Prepared Students (STEPS)
- New Student Enrollment
- PSAT Information
- SAT and ACT Exams
- Financial Aid (FAFSA and DREAM Act)
- Seal of Civic Engagement
- Summer School
- Independent PE
- Work Permits
- Letters of Recommendation
- Virtual Relaxation Room
- Just In Case
- Graduation Requirements
New Student Enrollment
1. Enroll student online:
Click on the link below to be connected to the Capistrano Unified School District online enrollment website. This process will take about 20 minutes to complete. At the end, a page will appear stating that you have completed your enrollment. Please Print the report and bring this printout along with required documents (listed below) to Dana Hills High School.
Schedule an enrollment appointment with the Registrar by calling or emailing the Registrar. Please note that students are not enrolled until the online enrollment information has been reviewed by the school and until necessary documents have been brought to the Registrar's office. Additional school forms may need to be completed and the proof of residency must be verified. The school site will deem the entire enrollment process to be complete once you meet in person with the Registrar.
3. Class Selection:
Your student's Academic Advisor will discuss classes and any other requirements with the student for class placement.
Parents must provide the following items in order to enroll their child:
Verification of residency inside CUSD attendance area of parent, licensed foster parent, or California Superior Court-appointed legal guardian. For initial enrollment, parent or guardian must provide two documents from the list below (P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted)
- Utility bill (current electric, gas or water/sewer bill)
- Current mortgage statement or rental agreement
- Rental agreement
- Property tax bill
If the above-described documents are not available, the parent/legal guardian may offer other documents as proof of residence. Examples of these documents are:
- Bank statements
- Moving company receipts
- Service letter from a utility company verifying residency
- An escrow statement followed by verification of closing documents is also acceptable
Proof of withdrawal from the previous school/district is required upon enrollment (secondary only)
Proof of Age is required:
- Official or Certified Copy of the birth record
- A statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- A baptismal certificate or official hospital record of birth
- A Passport, or
- When none of the above is obtainable, an Affidavit for Proof of Age of Minor signed by the student's parent/legal guardian may be accepted.
Proof of Immunization Records are required for certifying up-to-date immunizations for each student. Click here for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including TB skin testing, immunizations, and examinations. Note the new state immunization requirements for students entering Grade 7.
A health checkup (physical examination) is required for all children entering first grade, however, the District encourages parents to obtain the health exam prior to or during the child's kindergarten year. The health exam will qualify if it is done 6 months prior to kindergarten entry or 18 months prior to first grade entry.
Emergency telephone numbers are required, including an out-of-state emergency number.
Other Documents and Information:
- An academic transcript or report card from your previous school.
- (Prior school records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.)
- For Special Education students: Current or most recent IEP and Assessments
- For GATE (gifted and talented) students: Prior test scores and/or certification forms
- For EL (English Learners) Students: a copy of current CELDT scores, if available.
Withdrawal Slip w/ Transfer Grades
Please be sure to officially withdraw from previous school and bring us the withdrawal slip. The grades your child was receiving when he/she left should be written on the withdrawal report.
Immediately after enrollment, a Registration Packet may be provided to the student. All required registration forms must be completed and turned in on the first date of attendance.
All students must complete the registration forms every year. This includes current CUSD students who are automatically enrolled from the prior middle schools and Dana Hills students from the prior school year of attendance. These required forms includes the following:
- Student Information Card/Emergency Card
- Acknowlegement Card
- Voluntary Drug Testing Program Form
- McKinney-Vento Assistance Act
- Migrant Education Program (if applicable)
8th grade students who attend Marco Forster Middle School or Niguel Hills Middle School and are in the feeder pattern to attend DHHS due to the attendance boundaries will NOT be required to enroll with the Registrar. Records for these students will be automatically sent to the high school. The DHHS School Counselors will conduct the Spring course enrollment process in March to assist 8th grade students in selecting their classes for 9th grade. All students will be required to attend summer registration.
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSFERS
Student transferring into CUSD must meet all transfer policies. Transfer credits are accepted from accredited institutions only.
Courses from the transferring district which are designated as honors courses WILL NOT receive honors credit if there is not a corresponding CUSD course of the same title with the same description.
2022/2023 SCHOOL OF CHOICE
CUSD School of Choice allows families the opportunity to apply to attend another CUSD school that is not considered their home school. The window to apply is January 31, 2022 until March 4, 2022.
Families should review the information provided on the district CUSD website. School of Choice is only available during specific dates. For more information, visit here.
For more information on guided tours, please reach out to the Guidance Department at (949) 496-6666 x 11010.