- Guidance Staff
- 8th Grade Information
- 2024-2025 Course Selection
- New Student Enrollment
- Work Permits
- Grade Level Information
- College & Career
- College Planning
- College and Career Advantage (CCA)
- College Visitor Schedule
- Testing (AP, PSAT, SAT, ACT)
- Community Colleges
- California State University (CSU)
- University of California (UC)
- Private and Out of State Colleges
- NCAA - College Athletics
- Financial Aid (FAFSA and DREAM Act)
- Check this page regularly for important updates!
- All seniors should check their transcripts immediately to be sure all college and/or graduation requirements will be completed by June.
- Remember, all UC and Cal State schools require one year of a visual or performing art.
- If you are applying to a private university, please remember to fill out and turn in a Letter of Rec packet ASAP for your Academic Advisor to write a quality letter.
- Give yourself plenty of time when applying to colleges. We understand this is a busy time, but the sooner you finish college applications the less stress you will feel going into senior year.
- When choosing a college, think of what is most important to YOU! Consider location, student body size, surrounding towns, cultural opportunities, athletics, etc.
- Athletes who plan on participating in a college sport should be registered with the NCAA Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse.
- Check the scholarship page regularly for updates.
- If you are not happy with your SAT/ACT scores, you can always test again!
DHHS Class of 2024 SENIOR PRESENTATION
Click image above for slide presentation.
For more assistance with college preparation, please visit our College Planning page here.
Need Help Paying For College? There's An App For That! In December 2023, students can get their first look at the 2023-'24 FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This year, in an effort to make the notoriously complicated form easier, the U.S. Department of Education has given the FAFSA a new look: a smartphone application.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
The Common Application (as well as many other private and out of state schools) as well as some scholarships will require you to obtain letters of recommendation from counselors, teachers and other professionals who know you well. Be sure to give your recommender plenty of time to write your letter. Please adhere to the deadlines when submitting your letter of recommendation form (links to the right of this page). Make sure the packet is neat and that you have answered all of the questions thoughtfully and completely.
SADDLEBACK COUNSELING 100
This course is offered on the DHHS campus during the spring semester. It meets once weekly and must be taken as a 6th class. Students must be on track to graduate and not need these credits. It is designed to introduce students to college and life success skills. It focuses on the attitudes, habits and behaviors of successful college students.
UPDATES FROM FUTUREOLOGY
SADDLEBACK COUNSELOR ON CAMPUS!
We are excited to announce that Saddleback College has a counselor available on the DHHS campus to meet with any student in grades 9-12 regarding questions pertaining to community college. Topics include (but are not limited to) concurrent enrollment, Freshman Advantage/admissions process, Counseling 100 (College Success class for seniors), and information on different educational goals (certificate, associate degree, transfer). Appointments are 30 minutes on Wednesdays and parents/guardian may join their student.
Please visit our Saddleback Page for more information and to schedule your appointment.