- Guidance Home
- Guidance Staff
- Counselor's Corner
- Counseling Resources
- 8th Grade Information
- Registration (Current Students)
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College Information
- New Student Enrollment
- PSAT Information
- SAT and ACT Exams
- Financial Aid (FAFSA and DREAM Act)
- Seal of Civic Engagement
- Summer School
- Independent PE
- Work Permits
- Letters of Recommendation
- Virtual Relaxation Room
- Just In Case
- Graduation Requirements
California State University (CSU)
HIGH SCHOOL SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
The CSU requires a minimum 15-unit pattern of courses for admission as a first-time freshman. Each unit is equal to a year of study in a subject area. A grade of C or higher is required for each course you use to meet any subject requirement. The minimum GPA requirement for CSU is a 2.5 (C average). For more information regarding CSU campuses, areas of study and the eligibility index please visit the CSU website.
Want to PLAN ahead? Access the High School Planner through CSU Mentor: Explore campuses, check into financial aid programs, enter your high school classes and grades (A-G requirements). The high school planner is interactive, and will help you stay on track for meeting admission requirements.
Seniors planning to apply to one of the 23 California State University (CSU) campuses for Fall 2022 admission may begin working on their applications through Cal State Apply starting October 1st. The window for application submission will be open from October 1, 2022 to November, 30 2022. CSU encourages students to apply early!
To apply to CSU students must:
- Obtain an unofficial copy of your high school transcript from the student or parent portal to be used to self-report your classes and grades on your CSU application. Obtain transcript here
- Complete CSU application and application fee for each CSU campus online. Application window opens on October 1 and closes on November 30. Application fee is $70.00 per campus.
- Contact College Board/AP Central to have our AP scores sent to all CSU campuses to which you've applied.
- Send official transcripts ONLY when directed to do so. CSU will determine your grade point average based on the classes and grades you self-report during the application process. The CSU campus which you commit to attend will prompt you to send an official transcript upon graduation from high school.
- CSU does not require letters of recommendation or a college essay.
You will need an unofficial copy of your transcript to complete this application. You can get this from your parent or student portal account.